Wednesday, March 28, 2012
11:30 am to 2:00 pm
Royal Canadian Legion
Branch 29 Fort Frances
Sponsored by: Fort Frances Chamber of Commerce - Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre - Riverside Healthcare Facilities Inc. - Valley Diabetes Education Centre.
- Soup must be precooked and include 3 of the 4 food groups.
(Canada's Food Guide Food Groups: Vegetables and Fruit, Grain Products, Milk & Alternatives, Meat & Alternatives)
- You must provide 4 gallons of soup.
- Food Safety as per Northwestern Health Unit regulations:
Soup must be prepared in an inspected kitchen (contact Brian Norris, Public Health Inspector if you have specific questions... (807) 274-9827.
The venue will be available March 27th, if you do not have access to an inspected kitchen.
- Burners will be provided to all chefs.
- Set up: Wednesday, March 28 starting at 9:00 a.m., must be ready by 11:15 a.m.
- Ladles, bowls, spoons, buns, and beverages will be provided.
- Complete and submit the registration form by March 16th to participate.
Register soon.... Limited Space!!!
Submit by email or fax to:
Fax: (807) 274-4838
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING !!!
***The proceeds from this event will be donated to local Food Banks***
Nutrition information has never been more accessible that right now; millions of Canadians have ready and easy access to the Internet and other forms of social media. But not all the information is credible; myths and misinformation abound. Nutrition Month 2012 is dedicated to busting up popular food and nutrition myths by bringing truths to Canadians from dietitians, the food and nutrition experts.